Asian Pacific Islander Desi American Highly Sensitive Person Support
A compassionate space for Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA) adults to share their HSP experiences, receive support, and learn skills.
Open to all APIDA adults (21+) anywhere in the US
$295 for all 8 sessions; sliding scale & payment plans available
Support group, self-exploration tools and skills development and building/sharing of resources
75-minute evening sessions on Mondays from 6PM - 7:15PM PT | 8PM - 9:15PM CT | 9PM - 10:15PM ET
Zoom link to be sent upon signup
This group will begin on October 24th, 2022. Register to join this cohort.
Group members will have a deeper understanding of their sensitivity, uncover their unique strengths, gain new tools to care for themselves, and start developing a community with other HSPs
Being an HSP within the APIDA community
- What does it mean to be sensitive?
- How do others view sensitivity?
- What were some cultural messages around being sensitive?
Getting to know your sensitivity
- Tuning in to the body: Physical sensations and emotions
- Introduction to WOT
Care of your sensitive self in a cultural context
- Follow up on reactions/reflections
- Sharing ways to cope with overarousal
- Learn Shielding against energies / Umbrella Walk
Discover your strengths & weaknesses/struggles
- Different Flavors of HSP
- How has culture shaped how we see these/our flavor of HSP
- Inventory of HSP assets & weaknesses
Reframe your past experiences & Self-compassion
- Explore past experiences
- Self-confidence and how we understand this event in light of our sensitivity
- 'Perfect Ally'
HSP & Relationships
- What are the impacts of being highly sensitive on your close relationships?
- Communication of needs and getting people to understand within the APIDA cultural lens
- Mindful Communication Exercise
HSPs in the Social World
- Exploring shyness & the cultural notions around it
- Analyzing our flops
- Philosophy to share
Celebrating your sensitivity
- Celebrating our sensitive perception
- Personal Reactions/Experiences of the Group
- Resources and closure
This group is right for you if:
- You are a person age 21+
- You are Asian identifying
- You have heightened sensitivity to and are often overwhelmed by physical, emotional, or social stimuli.
- You notice a deep sense of empathy for others that can feel overwhelming.
- You tend to process things at a greater depth than others around you.
- You want to connect with others who experience the world similarly.
- You want to learn the strengths of sensitivity, as well as how to manage the challenges that come from sensitivity.
This group is not right for you if:
- You are actively self-harming in ways that require medical attention.
- You are experiencing suicidal ideation and require a higher level of care than a support group.
- You’re looking to process a diagnosis. While sensitivity can be understood as an aspect of neurodivergence, we will not be focusing on any specific diagnoses related to neurodivergence.