Asian Female & Femme Body Journey Support & Learning Group
Feeling good in your body and freeing yourself from body shame is attainable for you!
Open to all Asian American Femme & Female identifying young adults (18+) anywhere in the US
$200 for all 6 sessions; sliding scale & payment plans available
Support & Learning group, self-exploration tools and techniques for navigating body image challenges
75-minute evening sessions on Tuesdays from 5:45PM - 7PM PST | 8:45PM - 10PM EST | 7:45PM - 9PM CST
Zoom link to be sent upon signup
TBA. Please sign up to be on the waitlist for the June cohort
Group members will examine ways that they inherited body image stories and message from family, unpack them, and rewrite those narratives
What is Body Neutrality?
- Psychoeducation on body neutrality
- The difference between body neutrality and body positivity
- Creating your Neutral Tool Box
Your Body is not made to be Gawked at
- Reflection on your story and your identity
- Looking beyond beauty
- How to 'clap back' against body shamers
Beauty Standards: Asian vs. Western
- Society and culture: 'what are Asian girls supposed to look like?'
- Oppressive Beauty Ideals and their impact on objectification
Body Image Resilience
- Separating weight from worth & value
- Addressing your inner critic
- How to move forward
- Curating what we need to 'just be'
- Five essential rules for (self)talking about your body
- How to build confidence
- Group Reflection
- Connecting with each other
- The 'Love your Tree' Campaign
THIS GROUP IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
- You are Asian Identifying
- You are a person age 18+
- You're 100% a newbie to the concepts of diet culture, disordered eating, eating disorders, weight stigma, intuitive eating.
- You're ready and want to talk with your body by exploring the ways in which culture, same, diet culture, and judgement show up for you.
- You don't want to go on this journey alone anymore. You want to connect with others that are experiencing similar struggles.
- You are ready to take a step into action. You may still have doubts, but you know that something needs to change.
THIS GROUP IS NOT RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
- You're in a higher level of care for eating disorder support.
- You're looking for nutrition group. While we do sometimes talk about food as it is related to body image, it's not the focus of this group.
- You are actively self-harming in ways that require medical attention.