Asian Female & Femme Body Journey Support & Learning Group
Feeling good in your body and freeing yourself from body shame is attainable for you!
Open to all Asian American Femme & Female identifying young adults (18+) anywhere in the US
$300 for all 8 sessions; sliding scale & payment plans available
Support & Learning group, self-exploration tools and techniques for navigating body image challenges
75-minute evening sessions on Wednesday's 6PM - 7:15PM PDT | 8PM - 9:15PM CDT | 9PM - 10:15PM EDT
Zoom link to be sent upon signup
June 21, 2023 to August 16, 2023
Group members will examine ways that they inherited body image stories and message from family, unpack them, and rewrite those narratives
Your Body Story
- Introductions of members and frameworks
- Body journey vocabulary
- What is your Body Story?
What is Body Neutrality?
- Psychoeducation on body neutrality
- The difference between body neutrality and body positivity
- Creating your Neutral Tool Box
Beauty Standards: Asian vs. Western
- Beauty standards and expectations in your family
- Society and culture: "What are Asian girls supposed to look like?"
- Oppressive beauty ideals and their impact on objectification
Body Grief & Body Dysmorphia
- Changes our bodies go through
- Grieving what we used to look like, what we used to be able to do
- Challenging body dysmorphia
Body Image Resilience & Connection to Self
- Separating weight from worth & value
- How to move forward
- Acknowledging gratitude & limitations
Compassion to Our Bodies
- Improving health behaviors
- Intuitive eating
- Health vs. Size: issues with medical models
Radical Self Love
- Curating what we need to "just be"
- Five essential rules for (self)talking about your body
- How to build confidence
- Group reflection
- Connecting with each other
- The 'Love Your Tree' Campaign
THIS GROUP IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
- You are Asian Identifying
- You are a person age 18+
- You're 100% a newbie to the concepts of diet culture, disordered eating, eating disorders, weight stigma, intuitive eating.
- You're ready and want to talk with your body by exploring the ways in which culture, same, diet culture, and judgement show up for you.
- You don't want to go on this journey alone anymore. You want to connect with others that are experiencing similar struggles.
- You are ready to take a step into action. You may still have doubts, but you know that something needs to change.
THIS GROUP IS NOT RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
- You're in a higher level of care for eating disorder support.
- You're looking for nutrition group. While we do sometimes talk about food as it is related to body image, it's not the focus of this group.
- You are actively self-harming in ways that require medical attention.
A space to explore how to feel good in your body and free yourself from body shame.