Sitting with the South Asian Female Experience: SAFE
A compassionate space for all South Asian Female Experience/Identifying adults (21+) to share their South Asian experiences, receive support, and find a sense of empowerment
South Asian Female Identifying, 21-40 yo, anywhere in the US
$300 for all 8 sessions; sliding scale & payment plans available
Support Group for self-exploration and expression, skills development, community building, and sharing of internal and external resources
75-minute evening sessions on Mondays from 6:00PM - 7:15PM PT | 9:00PM - 10:15PM ET | 8:00PM - 9:15PM CT
Zoom link to be sent upon signup
This group will begin on February 6th, 2023. Register to join this cohort.
To explore, learn and understand different layers of South Asian/American identity and experience. To find community, and help each other in the journey of self-exploration and self-empowerment using different expression tools (inc. art/drawing, writing, photos, and conversations for self-reflection).
Welcome & Introduction: Meeting our South Asian Identity
- Discuss confidentiality and establish ground rules for safety and participation.
- Explore the meaning and models of being a SA female.
Growing up in South Asian homes & with SA Values
- Group will explore values within their South Asian culture
- Group will also share new values that they chose and share tools in managing/minimizing the impact of salient yet unhelpful values
- Discuss legacy burdens
- Unpack intergenerational trauma experiences
Guilt and Shame
- Discuss difference between guilt and shame
- Explore relationship to emotions
- Learn tools to address emotions
South Asian Female/s in Relationship/s
- Explore role models of (or the lack of) relationships
- Explore topics such as "codependency, enmeshment, and conflict"
- Explore expectations of "good daughter" or "good partner"
South Asian Females Relationship with Our Bodies
- Explore your relationship with your body and messages received
- Process impact of feeling inadequacy, hurt self-esteem, and other beauty demands
Boundaries through a SA lens
- Explore concept, context, and implications of setting boundaries
- Explore what boundaries were set directly or indirectly for you
Closure & Coming home to our SA identity
- Review topics discussed and skills learned
- Highlight insights and major takeaways
- Discuss strengths and struggles of SA female