Soo Jin Lee, LMFT
Therapist & Director of YCC
I specialize in perinatal mental health, anxiety-related disorders, trauma, and stress management. My therapy approach is integrative of mindfulness, trauma, and culturally informed. 한국어 상담 가능합니다.
Language: English & Korean
Sliding Scale: Not at this time
Insurance: Can provide a superbill for PPO plans
Accepting New Clients: No
- Anxiety & Stress Management
- Couples Therapist
- Family Therapy
- Trauma & PTSD
Therapy for Young Professionals and New Parents
It has been a while since your morning felt refreshing and clear. You’re waking up to the same exhausting routine day after day. You are looking at the clock several times throughout your day in anticipation for the day to be over. Things are being accomplished but, you are not feeling fulfilled.
You are on your bed. Your body is exhausted from the day’s tensions, but your mind is wide awake, racing endlessly in different directions. The nightly battles with your thoughts continue until you don’t even know how you finally fell asleep.
If you’ve reached this page, you’ve finally taken the first step for a journey into self-discovery and healing. Life presents overwhelming and confusing obstacles, and you may be feeling lost or anxious.
There is a way out of your daily battles with your thoughts and emotions.
My therapy approach is simple:
1. Together, we will develop a personalized coping tool kit to address specific battles that you are dealing with daily. For some of you, this can look like
- Difficulties with sleep
- Unhealthy eating habits
- Sudden anxiety and panic attacks
- Racing thoughts
- Low motivation
- Loss of interest in being around others
Your coping tool kit will be a comprehensive and practical way of dealing with these issues to enhance your daily activities and clear your mind of all the clutter.
2. We will strengthen the balance between your mind and your body. As much as your battles are happening in your thoughts, your body has adapted to react to those thoughts. This means in order for you to quiet your mind, we have to recognize the body’s tension and teach your body to calm your nerves. We will be implementing mindfulness-based practices to create a long-lasting change both in your mind and your body.
3. Once your mind and body are in a more balanced state, we will explore deeper into your upbringing, including your family dynamics and cultural values. This exploration will help you to understand where your triggers originate and how your values developed.
Culture-Integrative Individualized Therapy Approach
I utilize the best of the different approaches of therapy models including DBT, inner child, and EMDR to honor each of your journeys individually.
As a bicultural therapist, I understand your struggle of finding a balance between family values and individual identity. You’re often in an ‘in-between space’ within yourself at work, at home, and in general society.
You can find comfort and peace with yourself through all these aspects of who you are.
I invite you to start your journey into finding balance today.
My services are offered in both English and Korean. 한국어 상담 가능합니다.
Registered Board of Behavioral Sciences Number: LMFT 118366